3.14.2005

things that happened over the weekend

ugh, it seems like it was such a stressful weekend. i am sure that it was only stressful because i let such minor things stress me out. but minor things in volume make for major stress. the first stressful thing was going to GLO to visit my 'rents. this is always a production because they are such stress mongers themselves. when the three of us are together the tension is higher than a kite. adding the husband to the mix makes the visits even more difficult for me because he does not function well in high tension situations, so i am hyper sensitive to him and making him comfortable. it was good that he went, by himself, to moldy oldies to look at records while i spent time with the stress mongers. the visit was also stressful for me because i felt obligated both to spend time with my mother and to visit my grandmother. i didn't particularly feel up to visiting my grandmother so i spent the time with my mother. spending time with my mom is hard - that is really all i can say about that without writing a psychological profile.
the highlight of my adventure with mom was the visit to a nursery which had amazing plants on which i am now obsessing. see passiflora for example. gardening in my new yard may become a serious past time.
so that was saturday. thank god the overnight guests that we thought were staying with us decided to return home. i don't think i could have dealt with them.
sunday the greyhound adoption group visited. we had a wonderful visit with them and the dogs, but decided that it is too soon to adopt and that we need to complete more of the home improvement projects that we have planned before adoting. it makes me sad not to be adopting, but i also feel some sense of relief. i think it is pretty clear here that i can only handle one or two stress-inducing issues at a time, and i havent even begun to document them all here. i do feel embarrased to have to tell the group that we are going to wait. i am sure they would rather have us make that decision now rather than after getting the dogs. but still...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home