1.15.2009

last days on booker street

i have few remaining days on booker street, so i thought i might post about what i'll miss in the 'ville, cva, and my life here generally. not sure there'll be many things to miss, but we'll see what i come up with.

the first thing that came to me this morning as i thought of writing this post, during my long commute to the office, is that i'll miss the winter raptor sightings. each morning during the cold months i can spot at least one and sometimes up to five, red-tailed hawks perched high in the trees scoping out their prey. they see to stand sentry over my winter commute keeping me safe as i cross the windy, icy mountain pass. their robust white breasts are stand out so boldy from the bare trees making the hawks very easy to spot. yet i wonder if anyone else even notices them. (i probably watch the landscape more than i should while crossing afton mountain.) this morning i think i even saw a pure white hawk.

i don't know what kind of wildlife i'll encouter on my walks around chicago, but maybe i'll document them from my new 'hood in the windy city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home