5.03.2005

consumption

i havent been feeling much like blogging lately. the post before last was really difficult to get out there and the ebay one was so easy that it doesnt count. i just havent been feeling all that positive lately. and feeling less than positive makes me very protective and introspective and thus, not feeling like blogging.

really there is nothing interesting to tell you about, dear readers. maybe my problem is knowing that people read my blog and feeling some responsibility to entertain.

i suppose i can at least give you a run down of the thoughts that have consumed me lately. i make no apologies for how boring the following list might be.

i am not a gentrifier and i resent being viewed that way by my neighbors.

we need to refinance our mortgage but i have absolutely no idea how to go about doing that.

i feel like our mortgage brokers really gave us a raw deal and i feel personally offended and let down by that.

i really want to start my new job, but most likely months will elapse before that happens.

i am really sad that my friend emily is moving away.

i think we should get another cat and name it peanut. then our brood would consist of paisley, pickle and peanut.

i hate that my liberal, wealthy city will not entertain the idea of passing a municipal ordinance to mandate the spaying and neutering of cats.

i really want to get started installing new flooring in our house.

i wish we had a grill so that we could cook out.

i also wish that i had an excavator so that we could work on some landscaping projects.

i really do not want to attend my mother's retirement ceremony in three weeks - this is partially because it will be very emotional, partially because she is too young to retire, and mostly because i dont want to hear my ultra-right wing conservative aunt sing the national anthem! lord, help me!

why cant i fix the toilet? seriously, i am so intimately familiar with the workings of a toilet that i should be granted a plumber's license! although maybe not since i can't fix the problems.

the 6 clematis on my porch all have buds and one has already bloomed three flowers. they are growing rapidly and give me great pleasure.

the catalpa trees have started to bloom. they are so unusual. i should post about them separately.

i think that's about all for this list. no post must be better than a post like this, really...

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, May 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catalpa trees please

 

Post a Comment

<< Home