11.01.2005

a bit better

i am feeling a bit better. thanks for your concern, em and e.rod. it's all about not having the career i want and seeming not to be able to even come close to attaining it. i also think it had a bit to do with the FREEZING cold weather we were having early last week. today it is GORGEOUS and i do feel happy. it helps to be wearing pointy pink shoes, which make me very happy.
honestly, though, the feeling i have been experiencing most lately is covetousness. there are so many beautiful things i want desperately. funny that most of them are peripherally related to my desire for a fulfilling and rewarding career and a life filled with beautifully designed objects.

here are a few of my current (and long-standing) obsessions:
this is a "rolodex" of sorts, made from bits of found paper contained in a maple box. i envision this on my tidy stainless steel desktop filled with the names of all my contacts in the biz! view more details here.


this is a piece from rena tom's holiday collection and if it isn't in my stocking on xmas morning then my husband is going to find himself visiting singles' bars on new year's eve! it's a chunk of aquamarine (the fave gem of yours truly) on a delicate golden chain. rena is my favorite jewelry designer and one visit to her site will illustrate why.


one each of every color cashmere long-sleeve t-shirt from jcrew. yes i realise jcrew is very bourgie, but i love love love these sweaters. honestly, i love just about any article of clothing from jcrew and would outfit myself completely in jcrew were it financially possible.


i am a materialist, for sure.


more to come soon, we're making major progress with the house and hope to have photos soon!

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, November 03, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

that beautiful rolodex fills me with longing and joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home