6.02.2005

my jeans

i have these jeans and they are perfect. really, perfect is the best way to describe them. they are the perfect length (which is short, according to the manufacturer!) and the perfect fit. and the best part is that they actually look like real jeans, not some stupid reinterpretation of *the jean.* but there is one weird thing about them that confuses me many times each time i wear them. the button is on the left side of the placket. this means that the right side is over the left, which is different from all my other pants. i have always had the button on the right side - so much so that the motion of buttoning and unbuttoning these jeans feels really weird and not right. and now my belt is backwards, with the buckle on the left. but i can't change my belt - i have worn it since i was a teenager (i have had and worn this belt since i was 13, and my dad had it before me and had worn it since he worked in the service station as a teenager) so it is molded to go on only one way. and there is no way i'll get another belt!

obviously this is no serious problem and won't make me love my jeans any less, but it did get me wondering about plackets and tailoring and which is the proper placket according to gender. i can't find anything very applicable, except a website selling school uniforms that indicates that a woman's placket should be right over left and a man's left over right. this would mean my new fave jeans are constructed appropriately and my other pants are not. how strange.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, June 02, 2005, Blogger Shumai Rodri said...

Just a guess...that most Jeans are constructed like Men's pants because the were originally meant for men and that makes them more authentic. Who is the maker of said jeans?

p.s. Stress does not make one skinny. promise.lovelove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home