3.04.2006

not quite a month

it's not been quite a month, has it? really? well it's been a busy month that's for sure. right now i'm in the refridgerator (really the office) at WTJU trying like crazy to stay awake for an 11-1 am slot. third week in a row i've filled in for those slackers and it's catching up to me. now i remember why i prefer making the station run to hosting a regular show. but it's been fun, i can't deny. i do love a good radio show and i can program one, if i do say so myself. this will have to be my last until the upcoming fundraiser in which i'll host "don't mess with texas" a show featuring all that is redeeming about texas (rock). this should be a fun marathon, i think. god damn it better be - it's been hell to program.

my new job is both fun and challenging, which is a nice diversion. i'm still on the fence as to deciding if it was the best career move, but at this point there is no sense in revisiting the decision.

my first publication has hit the bookstore shelves. if you google my name you can find a link to it. the book is very nice looking, and i am pleased with the way my afterword is presented. and, it's pretty cool to see your name on a title page. i guess dj bacon fat beat me to it, but that's ok. he deserves the fame more than i do.

got to go get on the air now. just finished watching "how to succeed in business without even trying." netflix it - you won't be sorry!

xoxoxox

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger David Nichols said...

All that's good about Texas:
Don't forget to put in songs from the first two Red Krayola albums, and Mayo Thompson's Corky's Debt to his Father (i.e. "Horses"). I am a big fan of ZZ Top (eg see my review of Tres Hombres in the 1000 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die book). What else is good about Texas? They still make music there?

 
At 10:41 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger bls said...

thanks for the recs david. i need thme, for sure!
send me a compilation, will ya!

i'm glad you're still checking in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home