5.17.2006

knowing is half the battle, part 2

in december i posted knowing is half the battle, in which i came clean of my absolute obsession with furniture. well, my obsession abated slightly (only very slightly) for the last few months - as i was preoccupied with other things - but friends, i confess to you, i am consumed again.


i think about furniture all the time. i am haunted by the pieces i have seen but not acquired. what was i thinking? no amount of money is as dear as the pleasure i get from touching the oiled form of a teak lounge chair and gazing at the intricate weave of a roped seat. or, sigh, the combination of both teak and rope, such as the pair of folding chairs to the left and the little round beauty below.


i will have this round, roped chair if it cleans out my bank account. it is simply stunning in its simplicity of form and complexity of construction. S I G H


chairs are really my primary objets du desir, but the forms and shapes of other pieces attract me as well. vanities (such as the one to the left) and dressing tables are of particular interest, but modern interpretations are hard to come by. somehow i misjudged the market for this vanity and let it slip through my fingers for a mere pittance (i am still flagellating myself for losing it.)

i have been suffering in silence over the last few months as a result of the pieces i have loved and lost. so, in order to keep the memories of them close to my heart and fresh in my mind, i thought i would post images of them here. i hope you enjoy the objects of my obsession as much as i do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home