3.20.2006

happy birthday to me!

wow - i have been spoiling myself - in honor of the 29th anniversary of me (well, not quite yet)! first thing this am i received a notice from gemm.com that they had two copies of the rare and out-of-print spoon ep, soft effects, which i have coveted now for many, many years. years ago i set up this notify thingy with gemm to let me know when one of their suppliers had the record on hand. since i set that notify thingy up forever ago, i have only received one notice prior to that which i received this morning. that first one was snatched up so quickly - obviously by someone else who had the notify thingy set up - that i didn't even have a chance to get my greedy little mitts on it! but i got this one, by golly, from the same source that dj husband found my bright yellow, and scary, copy of telephono.
my spoon collection is virtually complete! i even have a copy of the golden millenium 7" - not sure if i boasted about that one after i got back from SF last year... i know, i know, this obsession is a bit excessive, but it's one of the few obsessions i do have, so indulge me a bit, will ya?
anyway, as for the spoiling, i also treated myself to some minor sartorial indulgences, which was nice. and i did need them, for sure. funding for that came from a bit of unexpected compensation for my first publication, which is available now. i am so proud of it. and what's even better is that i have been asked to speak about it at a local architecture week event! not sure how i'll pull that off - the fear of it makes me want to barf. well, i'll cross that bridge when i come to it, i guess. for now the pride and satisfaction of seeing my words in print is enough!


and that's enough for now. more soon!


1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

you said barf.
that is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home